[darcs-users] Re: set-scripts-executable

Karel Gardas kgardas at objectsecurity.com
Mon Sep 5 06:57:45 UTC 2005

On Sun, 4 Sep 2005, David Roundy wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 03, 2005 at 07:50:31PM -0700, Frederik Eaton wrote:
>>>
>>> A patch sounds good to me. Thanks.
>>
>> Actually, I took a look but I'm not familiar with the darcs source and
>> I couldn't figure out which part of it I should be changing. Maybe
>> someone closer to the project should do it. Sorry,
>
> I think Karel said he'd take a look at fixing --set-scripts-executable.

Hello,

yes, I still would like to fix this issue in darcs since I'm using it in
our environment and I depend on this feature a lot.

Over the past weekend, I've just "scanned" the latest sources for few
minutes to find out that quite a lot has changed since the 1.0.2/3 where
the feature was added, so I will need a bit more time to learn more of
Haskell features (classes/instances) which seems to be used now. Anyway, I
hope to get this fixed this week.

BTW: I'm quite motivated to have set-scripts-executable in 1.0.4 release,
since I was curious what the speed improvements are in this release and
just found that get (the only thing tested so far) of MICO sources is 50%
faster! This is very nice and thanks to all developers working on darcs
these days!

Thanks,
Karel
Karel Gardas                  kgardas at objectsecurity.com