[darcs-users] darcsweb - A gitweb-alike web interface for darcs

Alberto Bertogli albertogli at telpin.com.ar
Wed Sep 7 17:08:21 UTC 2005

On Wed, Sep 07, 2005 at 05:50:36PM +0200, VMiklos wrote:
> Alberto Bertogli wrote:
> >It uses "darcs changes -v" output to get the darcs patch, and does some
> >simple parsing based on the rules you sent on a previous email.
> >
> >It makes the alternative patch views appear on the regular diff views
> >(commitdiff, filediff, headdiff, headfilediff). It provides the unified
> >(default) one, plain, darcs; and in commitdiff's case also a raw one taken
> >right out of the patch file that will probably go away at some point if
> >the patch format is changed or it begins to break, so don't rely on it.
>
> great :)
>
> a small note: in darcs_commitdiff mode the raw_commitdiff link is missing

Thanks, fixed.

> >I haven't tested it widely, but I think it works; it's in the current
> >repository. If you try it, let me know how it goes.
>
> hmm, one bug, but i'm not sure if it is related to the recent changes:
>
> if you view the 'commit' of a patch that contains (only?) replaces, then
> it will be shown as binary. that may be ok. but then if you go to the
> filediff on that page, an error occures as the 'f' parameter left blank
>
> for example:
> http://darcs.frugalware.org/darcsweb/darcsweb.cgi?r=setup;a=filediff;h=20050827205444-e2957-58eddfb46ddfbd5fe20b5fc5c3292941f99476b2.gz;f=

Yes, that's a nasty bug regarding replaces (that weren't handled at all).
I've fixed it too and now replaces should be shown properly (I've only
tested with your repository so far, but I think it works =).

What I have noticed is that the darcs_filediff doesn't filter files out,
and that's because darcs doesnt.

For instance, if I do the following on your repo:
darcs chan -s -p 'update my email address' 'src/setup.de'

Instead of showing only the replaces affecting src/setup.de it shows the
whole patch; the same goes for the xmlized output which I use.

However, the "darcs diff" output works just fine. Do you have any idea if
this is expected behaviour or a bug in darcs?

> >PS: before somebody asks, I know some people would like the darcs format
> >to be the default (I certanly don't). I will see in the future if I can
> >make it configurable, but the code as-is makes this a bit tricky and
> >implementing it will require some cleanup and reorganization.
>
> and what about a 'darcs_commitdiff' link after the commit and commitdiff
> ones?

I don't want to clutter the interface too much, there are already too many
links in the navigation bar to add another one.

What I've done is add the small patch formats to the "commit" page, so you
can jump to the darcs diff right from there if you want to.

Thanks,
		Alberto