[darcs-users] Open Source Hebrew Roots Bible; darcs the right software to use?

Patrick McFarland diablod3 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 18:23:48 UTC 2006

On Monday 03 April 2006 14:17, Jason Dagit wrote:
> On 4/3/06, Ted Walther <krooger at debian.org> wrote:
> > Hello.  I'm starting up a project to correct the translation of the King
> > James Bible to better fit the underlying Hebrew language, and release it
> > under some free license, such as Creative Commons or GFDL. Maybe dual
> > license.
>
> Can you copyright derivative works of your bible?  I'm not a lawyer,
> but I know derivative works tend to have rules at least here in the
> US.

The King James Bible, while almost insulting to bibles by calling it a bible,
is not copyrighted and is a public domain work. Remember, it was translated
about 200-300 years ago (maybe more?).

Patrick "Diablo-D3" McFarland || diablod3 at gmail.com
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids,
we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and
listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo,
Inc, 1989