[darcs-users] darcs stalls in diffing dir...

Juliusz Chroboczek Juliusz.Chroboczek at pps.jussieu.fr
Fri Apr 7 17:02:45 UTC 2006

> I was trying to use darcs for a 50Mb project, and after 20+ commits
> it started to be extremely slow.  The last message that I see on the
> screen before it goes into Nirvana is 'diffing dir...'

Are you actually committing 50MB in a single record?  You'll get
better performance by making smaller commits (having a large tree is
okay, but Darcs is certainly not optimised for very large imports.)

Are you storing autogenerated files?  Are they marked binary?  What
does ``darcs resolve'' say?

How much physical memory do you have?

                                        Juliusz