[darcs-users] Recovering from an "unrecord all"

Tomasz Zielonka tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 12:45:23 UTC 2006

On Wed, Apr 19, 2006 at 07:52:26PM +0200, Daniel Déchelotte wrote:
> I hope you can save my darcs repository. I was doing a "darcs unrecord",
> and to the question "do you want to unrecord this patch", I answered
> "all" (I thought it was going to ask for every hunk in the last patch,
> or something like that... :-()

Some time ago darcs didn't physically remove the patch files for
unrecorded/unpulled patches - they were removed from the
inventory, but you could still find them in _darcs/patches.
If it's still working this way, maybe it would suffice to
reconstruct the inventory?

This might be tricky if you have many lines of development, but then
you would already have some backup repos, so I guess you don't.

Best regards
Tomasz