[darcs-users] Recovering from an "unrecord all"

Daniel Déchelotte boite_a_spam at club-internet.fr
Thu Apr 20 13:50:20 UTC 2006

Thanks for your answer, Tomasz.

Tomasz Zielonka a écrit :

> Some time ago darcs didn't physically remove the patch files for
> unrecorded/unpulled patches - they were removed from the
> inventory, but you could still find them in _darcs/patches.
> If it's still working this way, maybe it would suffice to
> reconstruct the inventory?

Hopefully, yes, but how to reconstruct "current" ? Simply running

for i in .../_darcs/patches/*.gz ; do zcat $i | patch ; done

obviously doesn't work because the patches are not exactly in the
format patch expects. Darcs certainly can interpret those patches
correctly (just as if they were coming from another repos).

> This might be tricky if you have many lines of development, but then
> you would already have some backup repos, so I guess you don't.

Indeed.

--
Daniel Déchelotte
                  http://yo.dan.free.fr/