[darcs-users] [Solved] Recovering from an "unrecord all"

Zachary P. Landau kapheine at divineinvasion.net
Fri Apr 21 14:14:02 UTC 2006

On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 05:31:57PM -0700, Jason Dagit wrote:
> > Thanks very much, Tomasz and Jamie, for the help.
> >
> > I will conclude with a feature request: would it make sense to
> > _disable_ the answer "all" to "darcs unrecord"? Or am I
> > overreacting? ;-)
>
> Well, as far as I know you're the first person to report this.
>
> I think two thigs, 1) does unrecording everything make sense?  (I'd
> default to 'no' on this issue) 2) if so, maybe "This will delete your
> repository.  Are you sure?" would be worth while.

Maybe these would be helpful, but it should be stressed in the manual
that people should not be working on their 'master' repository.  It is
always a good idea to have a repository that you push your changes to.
That way when you totally screw up, you only did it on your working
branch and not the main one.

I'm pretty sure this is mentioned on the wiki (and maybe in the manual)
already, but given that I can't find it right now should suggest that it
isn't written often enough and in large enough letters.  With blinking
text, if necessary.  And an under construction GIF.  Oh wait.

--
Zachary P. Landau <kapheine at divineinvasion.net>
GPG: gpg --recv-key 0xC9F82052 | http://divineinvasion.net/kapheine.asc