[darcs-users] How to reset a file to an older state?

Thomas Schwinge tschwinge at gnu.org
Tue Apr 25 21:31:46 UTC 2006

Hi!

How would I (easily!) do the following with darcs:

I have a patch P (generated by `diff' or similar) to a known version V of
a file F in a darcs repository.  `known' means that the `hash' value of
the file at that state V is known.  In the meantime there have other
patches been applied to the repository, to the file F.

How would I non-interactively reset F back to state V, apply P and then
make F up to date again, possibly creating conflicts in F?

I thought about something like
  darcs revert -a
  darcs obliterate --from-match hash\ H
  darcs pull --match hash\ H
  patch F < P
  darcs pull -a

Problem: `darcs obliterate' is not usable non-interactively, as is seems.

Creating a temporary repository using `darcs get --to-match hash\ H' is
not an option as that involves creating the whole repository and not only
the one file F I'm interested in.

Regards,
 Thomas