[darcs-users] How to reset a file to an older state?

Juliusz Chroboczek Juliusz.Chroboczek at pps.jussieu.fr
Wed Apr 26 21:14:39 UTC 2006

>> Am I the first one to try to use darcs non-interactively?

I've had some success in vc-darcs.el, and so has the author of Tailor.
Darcs has a couple of features expressely made for scripting, such as
``record --pipe'', but I agree that more effort is needed in that
direction.

>  - revert being interactive only.

 yes | darcs revert -a

I'll be glad to accept a patch to make revert grok a ``--force''
option.

>  - no batch switch that makes darcs exit with an error code

In vc-darcs.el, I parse Darcs' output.  Again, I'll be grateful for a
patch that fixes that.

> nice to have a libdarcs project and an API that can be used to write
> code that processes darcs repos.

Assuming you mean a library callable from C or C++, it will be a cold
day in my office first[1].  Darcs uses Haskell data structures
internally, which are beyond the wildest dreams of a C compiler.

(I'd love to be proved wrong, of course.)

                                        Juliusz

[1] Three computers, sunny side of the building, windows that don't open.