[darcs-users] Any experience of TortoiseDarcs?

Juliusz Chroboczek Juliusz.Chroboczek at pps.jussieu.fr
Fri Apr 28 07:12:33 UTC 2006

> An ncurses based diff however might be a good substitute.  Does such a
> beast exist?

  emacs -nw --eval '(ediff-files "file1" "file2")'

For fixing merge conflicts, it's

  emacs -nw --eval '(ediff-merge-files-with-ancestor "file1" "file2" "ancestor" nil "output-file")'

Make sure you get the two levels of quoting right if you script that.

>>  Does the
>>    Darcs binary include libcurl support?
>
> This I don't know.  I'm always using it local.  How would I check?

Just make sure you have neither wget nor curl on your system, and do
darcs get over HTTP.  If it works, the answer is yes.

> I would still consider TortiseDarcs a beta work and not really ready
> for full public release or recommendation to a newbe.

That's a pity.

> There's no version info on the webpage so I can't tell if there has
> been a later release than what I have.

Yes, that's a problem -- it looks abandoned to me.

Thanks for the info,

                                        Juliusz