[darcs-users] Installation Issue

David Guibert David.Guibert at cdcsp.univ-lyon1.fr
Tue Aug 1 19:35:07 UTC 2006

Hi,
On 1 August 2006 at 13:07, Chuck Allison <chuck at freshsources.com>wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm new to darcs. I just installed it (or so I thought). When I run
> "darcs initialize" I get the error "plink: unknown option "-O"". This
> error repeats whenever I try any darcs command. So obviously, I have not
> installed it correctly. Do I need to set some environmental variable or
> something (I set the path of course)? BTW, I'm on Windows XP. Thanks.

This option is related to
     -O ctl_cmd
             Control an active connection multiplexing master process.  When
             the -O option is specified, the ctl_cmd argument is interpreted
             and passed to the master process.  Valid commands are: ``check''
             (check that the master process is running) and ``exit'' (request
             the master to exit).

which is avalaible in openssh.

Using the "pull" or "push" command, you can disable this feature with
the option:
--disable-ssh-cm               Disable use of SSH ControlMaster feature

Might it help.

I see no clue why "darcs init" is trying to use ssh...
--
David