[darcs-users] new version of trac-darcs plugin

K.S.Sreeram sreeram at tachyontech.net
Sat Aug 5 16:47:27 UTC 2006

Lele Gaifax wrote:
> I'm trying out latest version, and while it seems to work great on
> trac+darcs instance, on tailor's one it fails with an AssertionError.

I had assumed that only moves are reported with wrong ordering by darcs
changes. Unfortunately it looks like poor ordering can be reported for
other types of changes too.

for example, in tailor's repo, see the following patch:
HASH=20060702232916-130f5-728038e54e0a59bb3567d8aa170610c2eaf370ff.gz
darcs changes --xml --summary --matches "hash $HASH"

Here's the relevant portion of the output (de-xmled):

move  : vcpx/repository/git/core.py -> vcpx/repository/git/__init__.py
modify: vcpx/repository/git/__init__.py
add   : vcpx/repository/git/core.py

Here the ordering is completely screwed up!! The right ordering should
be 'add', 'move', and then 'modify'! Note that the relative ordering of
the 'add' and 'modify' is wrong too.

I've updated the trac-darcs code for handling bad-ordering to be more
generic, and it now works with the tailor repo.

the code is available from:
http://cspace.in/darcs/trac-darcs

the changeset can be viewed here:
http://cspace.in/trac-darcs/changeset/39