[darcs-users] announcement: adminDT (for trac-darcs)

Eric Y. Kow eric.kow at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 19:55:37 UTC 2006

Hi all,

In light of the recent trac-darcs developments, I thought I might
mention that I have a small collection of shell scripts for helping
people to administer a trac-darcs installation.

I'm calling in adminDT for lack of a clever name.

The main priority is for it to help me avoid administering my local trac
server.  But if it helps somebody helps else, that would make me even
happier.  Ideally, the combination of trac-darcs and these scripts would
make things easy enough that lack of SourceForge support for darcs is no
longer a handicap.  But we're probably not there yet.

What the scripts give you
-------------------------
 1. Automated project creation - one shell script creates the
    Unix account for the project, and sets up all the trac
    and darcs related stuff

 2. A simple and stupid trac database backup script

 3. Automated nightly dist - another script helps you set up the crontab
    for doing a nightly darcs dist.  The nightly dist tries to clever by
    only running if there are any patches to pull 3.

For more information, see:
  http://trac.loria.fr/projects/admindt

Notes
-----
 * The scripts assume that you follow the trac-darcs
   installation procedure on
      http://wiki.darcs.net/index.html/TracOnDarcs
   It would be nice to generalise them some day, but eh... works
   for me.

 * There might be some breakage with the new trac-darcs 0.4 (I don't see
   why there would be, though), but I guess I'll discover that as we go
   along.

--
Eric Kow                     http://www.loria.fr/~kow
PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9         Merci de corriger mon français.