[darcs-users] Darcs hanging on diffing dir ... 100% CPU can't push or pull

John Clayton john at fivesquaresoftware.com
Tue Aug 15 21:48:43 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm having an issue where a repository where I can't push or pull
from distributed copies to the master repo. Darcs gets to "Diffing
dir .." and hangs using as much CPU as it can. One of the client
machines is running Mac OS X Tiger intel. The master is on Mac OS X
Tiger Server, PPC. Both are version 1.0.5.

I've tried unrecording patches from both the master and the remote
copies. I also ran repair on both repos, both of which were damaged
but were successfully fixed.  What's the worst case scenario for
fixing this?  Start a new repo and get as much of the current state
in there as possible?

Thanks for any help you can give,

John