[darcs-users] get/pull with cookie?

Jason Dagit dagit at codersbase.com
Wed Aug 16 06:07:41 UTC 2006

On 8/15/06, Paul Chiusano <paul.chiusano at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it possible for get/pull to use a cookie, or more generally, have
> more control over the http request that gets sent when doing a get or
> pull? I'd like to be able to just authenticate users via the browser,
> then have darcs use the returned cookie when doing get/pulls.
>
> Alternately, is there some way to get darcs to respond to a '401
> Authentication Required' header by querying the user for a username
> and password?

I think darcs can use wget or libcurl for the http protocol.  Maybe
there is a way to pass the username/password in the url or in the
environment and have curl or wget pick it up from there?  IIRC, darcs
decides to use curl vs. wget at compile time so I don't know which one
your binary will use (or more generally the binary of your users).
I'd start with the manual, I seem to recall there was a section on
passing things to the http layer.

Not sure if that was helpful info at all...I think I'm too sleepy to
be helpful right now :)

Jason