[darcs-users] Darcs using scp without sftp

allan a.d.clark at ed.ac.uk
Sat Aug 26 19:46:29 UTC 2006

Hi, thanks for the response

>> and secondly if not then is it likely to in the future or is there some
>> fundamental reason why this cannot be done?
>>

> Nothing particularly fundamental.  Darcs calls sftp with arguments which
> are meaningless to scp.  That being said, a script like the one
> suggested above might work.

okay, *might* find time to have a look into this solution, thanks for
the suggestion.

>> p.s. I tried using sshfs to remotely mount the directory in which my
>> remote darcs repository is, this works fine for a "darcs get" and "darcs
>> pull", but a "darcs push" fails because the lock function is not
>> implemented, that is I get this error:
>> darcs: takeLock /media/uni_mount/ipc/_darcs/lock in
>> /media/uni_mount/ipc: atomic_create /media/uni_mount/ipc/_darcs/lock in
>> /media/uni_mount/ipc: unsupported operation (Function not implemented)
>>

> Oh.  I was hoping sshfs would let people do this.  Oh well.

me too, I even went away on holiday thinking it was working, since I set
up the remote mount and successfully managed a "darcs get", of course
didn't have anything to push so didn't try this, and came back today to
find it doesn't work :(
like you say, oh well.

allan