[darcs-users] Is it possible to restart an interrupted "darcs get" via HTTP?

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Fri Dec 1 13:11:41 UTC 2006

I see this is on the (obsolete) wish list, and "restart darcs get"
gets no hits in the tracker, so I presume it's not possible yet, but I
thought I'd ask.

Or is there any way to bootstrap a partial repo from the 3700 patches
I've already downloaded? :-)

I suppose that to get a restartable transfer, the best way is to init
an empty repo and darcs pull?  This is a one-time thing to bootstrap
a public mirror of a moderately large repository (120MB, at a guess)
hosted on a machine that's on a metered connection, so efficiency
really only matters in terms of reducing burden on the primary repo's
host.

Thanks for any hints!

Steve