[darcs-users] Is it possible to restart an interrupted "darcs get" via HTTP?

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Fri Dec 1 17:02:36 UTC 2006

Edwin Thomson writes:

 > To save on data transfer, you don't need to get current or working -
 > once you have the patch files and inventories you can rebuild with
 > repair and revert.  If the web server has autogenerated index pages for
 > files, you could automate getting those with something like wget, probably.

Ah, thanks!  Maybe we can do better by having darcs use wget in
noclobber mode.  (But I'd still need to be able to fool darcs into
using the existing partial repo.)

In the end, I guess the thing to do is what Tommy suggested,
coordinate on using rsync or some other restartable method while he
promises not to commit in the middle of a rysnc. :-)

Thanks again,

Steve