[darcs-users] Fixing a repo with duplicate patches

Michael Sperber sperber at informatik.uni-tuebingen.de
Mon Dec 4 06:47:27 UTC 2006

[I'm new to darcs.  Forgive me if this is stupid, but I couldn't find
helpful advice in the archives.]

I have a repository I synch over from CVS via tailor, where tailor
generates a duplicate patch name.  How do I fix this?  Just changing
the patch names with a text editor seems to generate a repo I
subsequently cannot "get".  (I don't have the option of manually
hacking the CVS repository.)

Generally, this worries me quite a bit: It appears tailor simply uses
the darcs command line to generate the repository.  Why does darcs
allow me to create a corrupt repo?  Is there any way to prevent this
from happening in the first place?

--
Cheers =8-} Mike