[darcs-users] Fixing a repo with duplicate patches

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Mon Dec 4 22:45:00 UTC 2006

On Mon, Dec 04, 2006 at 07:47:27AM +0100, Michael Sperber wrote:
> Generally, this worries me quite a bit: It appears tailor simply uses
> the darcs command line to generate the repository.  Why does darcs
> allow me to create a corrupt repo?  Is there any way to prevent this
> from happening in the first place?

It's been a wishlist request for a while (I believe).  We don't want to
have a complete check by default, since that's an O(N) process where N is
the length of the repository history (unless we did something tricky), but
a check at the most recent patches would catch most such mistakes, and be
cheap.  It just hasn't been anyone's top priority to add such a check.
Department of Physics
Oregon State University