[darcs-users] Importing tags from subversion (or just inserting tags)

Tommy Pettersson ptp at lysator.liu.se
Tue Dec 12 20:48:50 UTC 2006

On Tue, Dec 12, 2006 at 05:44:42PM +0100, Didier Verna wrote:
> Well, ok. Then, I guess I have to manually recreate the tags in my set of
> Darcs patches. But I'm new to Darcs and this frightens me :-) So here's the
> advice I would like to get:
>
> At some point in my patches history[1], I have this patch:
>
> Tue Dec 12 14:43:08 CET 2006  didier
>   * [project @ 126]
>   Committed PRCS version version-1-10.1
[...]
> How, with Darcs, do I "get back" to that point, insert a "version 1.10" tag,
> and return to the current state ? My problem is that currently, rollback,
> unpulll and unrecord all sound like "shoot yourself in the foot" to me ;-)
[...]
> Footnotes:
> [1]  I understand that the notion of history in Darcs has no real meaning.
> Here, it's the order in which patches were applied when converting from svn.

Hi,

1) create a temporary branch with: darcs get --to-patch "^\[project
   @ 126\]$"

2) create the (first) tag in this temporary branch with: darcs tag
   version-1-10.1

3) push the (first) tag to the "master" repo with: darcs push

4) either use 'darcs pull' to pull patches from the master repo up
   to the next version, or remove the temporary branch and redo
   step 1 with another --to-patch regexp.

5) repeat from step 2

Please ask again if this is to terse or unclear.