[darcs-users] Re: most of the commands do not use dash to separatewords

Wolfgang Jeltsch wolfgang at jeltsch.net
Thu Feb 2 22:06:16 UTC 2006

Am Donnerstag, 2. Februar 2006 22:43 schrieb Tuomo Valkonen:
> On 2006-02-02, zooko at zooko.com <zooko at zooko.com> wrote:
> > It appears that the name "darcs mv" is an exception from the normal darcs
> > command-name style
>
> So what? I like and want unix-style commands where applicable.

But maybe other people have a different taste.  Although I nearly always work
with UNIX-style systems, I don't think that it's a good idea to have
UNIX-like darcs commands.  darcs is not a UNIX tool but a multi-platform
application.

In addition, David Roundy didn't chose mv instead of move to please UNIX users
but to make clear that this command's meaning differs to the meaning of
remove.  But I suppose that for many people its not intuitively clear that
the choice of mv over move has this meaning.  I think that in contrast it
confuses people because it's kind of an inconsistency.

Best wishes,
Wolfgang