[darcs-users] Re: most of the commands do not use dash to separatewords

Olivier Thauvin olivier.thauvin at aerov.jussieu.fr
Sat Feb 4 01:21:49 UTC 2006

Le Samedi 04 Février 2006 01:35, John Meacham a écrit :
> Unfortunatly I distributed the patches before I noticed the problem so
> ended up just re-adding the files in their new location, luckily they
> were pretty new so didn't have any substantial history to be lost, if
> they did have history I wanted to keep would 'darcs rollback' be the
> recommended way to fix this sort of thing?

Yes, rollback create the exact reverse of a patch, I mean imagine this patch

hunk ./foo 1
- a
+b

rollback will add into your repos:
hunk ./foo 1
-b
+a

This mean next work you'll do will be done exactly like those two patches
never existed, but in he case the first patch was already published, you'll
bother people and don't break any repos.

Notice rollback does not apply currently to your working copy, I sent patches
about this and I am waiting feedback from devel list. So currently you have
to:

darcs rollback
darcs revert

to fully apply the change.