[darcs-users] carrying license information?

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Wed Feb 8 05:55:45 UTC 2006

On Mon, 6 Feb 2006, Isaac Jones wrote:

> I have no doubt that when users send patches to me, they agree with
> the license contained in my source tree.  However, IANAL and have no
> idea if it's actually legally the case that they are agreeing.

a possible solution that is orthogonal to the version control system in
use is to put Linux-style 'signed-off-by:' lines into patch descriptions
to indicate that the contribution matches certain project-defined criteria
for licensing. googling for 'developer's certificate of origin' might
find more info for you.

Ben

--
http://www.hawaga.org.uk/ben/