[darcs-users] Locale Oddity?

Max Battcher me at worldmaker.net
Sun Feb 12 16:02:50 UTC 2006

Lele Gaifax wrote:
> Max Battcher ha scritto:
>> I just completed transferring the logic to marshall from ``darcs
>> changes --xml-output -s`` into my Patch model class.  In Darcsweb this
>> is the BuildPatchList class that creates Darcsweb Patches, which are
>> very simple python object.  (In my case the class is named
>> ChangeLogHandler and it marshals Patch objects, which are derived from
>> django.db.models.Model, which gives me out of the box relational
>> database serialization (ORM).)
>
> This sounds very interesting! I'll jump to google :)

Thanks.  To save you the search trouble, I'm using the Django Framework
from http://www.djangoproject.com/.

Django is sometimes referred to as Python's "Ruby on Rails Killer", it's
a nice simple end-to-end web development framework that provides
Object-Relational Mapping, Easy to Use Template System, Powerful URL
Configuration, etc...

I'm working on a project in Django and so my pet project has been to
rewrite Darcsweb as a set of Django applications that are looser coupled
and more configurable/powerful.  I'll then bundle it with some other
useful applications like the simple, but powerful, Issue Tracker that I
wrote.  I think that when all is done I should have a better-than-Trac
Trac purposefully written with Darcs in mind and much more configurable.

--
--Max Battcher--
http://www.worldmaker.net/