[darcs-users] Locale Oddity?

Max Battcher me at worldmaker.net
Sun Feb 12 19:34:54 UTC 2006

Lele Gaifax wrote:
> Most probably, the environment under which the two executions run is not
> the same, in particular regarding the LANG and TZ variables. In
> trac-darcs (and tailor) I usually force them, simply by "TZ=UTC LANG=C
> darcs ..."

Ah.  Interesting.  I'm testing this on a Windows box, so I don't have a
TZ set by default, but I believe the Python environment is setting a TZ
("America/Louisville", I believe), but Windows doesn't have the same TZ
configuration system, so I'm guessing it's looking for that look-up and
failing...

Is there any way I can easily fake the configuration files for Darcs?
I'm betting using the TZ set in Python should probably be the correct
value in production systems.

--
--Max Battcher--
http://www.worldmaker.net/