[darcs-users] Is it possible to look for added files non-recursively?

Tommy Pettersson ptp at lysator.liu.se
Tue Feb 14 12:09:28 UTC 2006

On Tue, Feb 14, 2006 at 07:42:37AM +0100, Karel Gardas wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Feb 2006, Tommy Pettersson wrote:
> >At present darcs will handle "overlapping" repos, and while
> >thrilling and abusable I lean more toward it being a bug than
> >a feature.
>
> Err, before going to use inner repositories, I'd like to be sure that you
> are not going to disallow or "fix" this feature in the future, are you?
> I'm asking since I find it usefull now...

I'm sorry, I was too vague in my description.  I do not wish
to disallow having repos within repos.  I only meant darcs
should automatically exclude inner repos while working in
outer ones, so that creating a repo within another repo will
make the dirs and files of the inner repo invisible to the
outer repo, to keep them from being accidently managed by
both repos or simply littering the outer repo.

It would have the benefit over using boring entries that it
automatically detects any darcs repos whatever there names
are or changes to.  Currently I name inner repos _something
(starting with underscore) and have ^_* in my boring file.