[darcs-users] Re: Unapplicable patch + darcs failed: Error applying hunk to file XYZ

Janne Hellsten jjhellst at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 09:06:15 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have now narrowed the problem into one patch that causes the
repository to become invalid.  I did this by pulling all the mainline
patches into the 3.x repository  until I hit the "unapplicable patch"
problem.

I noticed that when I do "darcs get --tag=3.1.0 sg" (mainline repo), I
get the a somewhat incorrect samples/x86test/foo.sg.  Some of the
contents have moved into the end of the file from the beginning.  I
don't recall doing these modifications myself.  Doing the same on the
3.x repo produces the correct file.

The problem is easy to reproduce on my repository, just pulling in
that one problematic patch causes the repository to go into a state
where I cannot use "get --tag" from older versions.

AFAICT I haven't ever had any conflicts in the repo as I've been the
only submitter into that repo.

Best regards,
Janne