[darcs-users] ignoring files in one repository

Nils Decker nils at ndecker.de
Sat Feb 18 14:52:42 UTC 2006

Hello,

Am Samstag, 18. Februar 2006 11:06 schrieb Raphael Bauduin:
> If I 'darcs remove' the file, the next push to the central repo will
> push that change too, which I don't want...

I use a very simple workaround. I have the file named xxx.conf.sample in the
repository. This file contains the default configuration file and is managed
by darcs.
The local installation has a modified copy to xxx.conf. This file is not
managed by darcs and could be boring.

You should do fine if you darcs mv the upstream config file. After pulling the
rename you make a copy from the .conf.sample to .conf. Then you can revert
the changes to the .conf.sample.

Regards
  Nils Decker