[darcs-users] Repsitories Not Listed

Michael Thrift mthrift at western.edu
Thu Feb 23 17:11:23 UTC 2006

Hi,
    I've spent hours fighting with this, and searching for answers, but
I appear to be the only person with this problem.  I'm installing darcs
on a server for a faculty member.  The package is installed,
/etc/darcs/cgi.conf is setup, /var/www/cgi-bin/darcs.cgi is present and
alive.  I've create /home/user/repositories/projectx (world readable),
I've run darcs initialze, darcs add..., darcs record --all.  I've then
done ln -s /home/user/repositories/projectx /var/www/repos/projectx.
/var/cache/darcs exists and is writeable by apache.  My apache
configuration is good, just to narrow down the variables I've set global
FollowSymLinks, and Indexes.  Yet, when I go to
http://server/cgi-bin/darcs.cgi, it prints out "Available Repositories"
and then a blank page.  My cgi.conf points to the correct repo folder,
cache etc.  httpd.conf has a Directory definition for /var/www/repos.  I
am at a loss, and there are no errors printed anywhere to suggest what
the problem is.  My access_log shows transactions with a code of 200,
and my error_log prints nothing when accessing
http://server/cgi-bin/darcs.cgi.  The documentation has no suggestion of
what to change if the very simple process of making the repo public
doesn't work, I've googled the net and the darcs mailing list to no
avail.  Any help is greatly appreciated, if I don't figure this out in
about 2 hours I'm switching to SVN or CVS as per the faculty members
request, but he'd rather use darcs.

Thanks!
Mike.