[darcs-users] RFC: Third-party applications directory

Olivier Thauvin olivier.thauvin at aerov.jussieu.fr
Tue Jan 3 20:52:39 UTC 2006

Le Mardi 03 Janvier 2006 19:22, Alberto Bertogli a écrit :
> On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 11:32:01AM +0000, Pedro Melo wrote:

> I like your text, it's clear and simple. Maybe there should be some link
> to the available/standard content types, so people don't invent their own
> and applications can parse it correctly.
>
> > >* encoding
> > >	The encoding used for repository data and metadata (ie. covers
> > >	files AND patch descriptions).

I am currently looking to make patch to implement metadata in darcs. I will
surelly send a mail in few days about this.

I see things like this:

A file store per file metadata in _darcs, and in a pristine file,

I create a 2 new patch types: propset, propdel

Patch about properties never conflict, aka last setting win.

Properties having name begining by  'darcs:' have special meaning for darcs
(imagine darcs:eol, darcs:encoding, darcs:executable).

darcs tools will then have new command: propset, propdel and propget.

darcs will automatically set some properties: darcs:executable for example.

But well, first, I have to learn haskell... I am reading doc since yesterday
evening only...

This is just how I see things, idea come from svn, but well, I accept all
comment, also if someone want to start works, I am not against ;)