[darcs-users] Patch to control libcurl SSL certificate validation

Nimrod A. Abing nimrod.abing at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 20:52:09 UTC 2006

On 1/6/06, Scott Michel <scottm at rush.aero.org> wrote:
> Nimrod A. Abing wrote:
> >   This patch also adds an error message for libcurl error code 60 and suggests
> >   the use of DARCS_CURL_SSL_VERIFICATION.
>
> Why use an environment variable if you could do the same by setting a
> variable in prefs?

I don't know Haskell and setting and getting values in prefs would
require interfacing with Haskell code. I had a couple of hours spare
time today when I made this patch. I needed to be able to specify
option for SSL certificate processing because some repos I am
accessing do not have a valid SSL cert.

Anyway, you are more than welcome to produce another version that uses
setpref. This is just to demonstrate what should be done, in terms of
settings for curlopt, to provide this option for darcs.

Cheers!
--
_nimrod_a_abing_

"If you can see Chuck Norris, he can see you. If you can't see Chuck
Norris, you may be only seconds away from death." --
http://www.chucknorrisfacts.com/