[darcs-users] Merging and un-merging repos

Alan Shields Alan-Shields at omrf.ouhsc.edu
Thu Jan 5 23:15:52 UTC 2006

Hello all,

I'm having a bit of trouble.

Here's the situation: A project in repository P had some code in file S
develop to the point where it was a project in its own right.
Unfortunately, I was unable to disentangle s from P, so I did a straight
copy into a new repository P2 (as opposed to a pull of some sort[1]).

People have now pulled from repo P2, and there has been one patch
applied. Now we wish to pull patches from P2 into P - so we deleted s
from P, recorded, and tried to pull from P2.

We get: (s is taint.lisp, ignore the others)
---------------------------------------
diffing dir...
We have conflicts in the following files:
./taint.lisp
You have conflicting local changes to:
./cl-taint.asd ./taint-doc.html
Proceed? [yn] y
Applying patches to the local directories...
---------------------------------------

and s is not in the directory!

To give a sort of patch line, we want:

P1:Create S -> P1:Modify S -> P1:Delete S -> P2:Create S -> P2:Modify

And we GOT

P1:Create S -> P1:Modify S -> P2:Modify S -> P1:Delete S

which is...not so cool.

At least, that's what I can figure.

I've tarred up the two directories as they currently are, if you wish to
see what's going on yourself.

http://inquisitor.omrf.org/p.tbz
http://inquisitor.omrf.org/p2.tbz

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Alan

[1] - On a related note, if you just wanted to pull one file out of a
repo, how would you do that?