[darcs-users] proposal - darcs gui project?

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Sat Jan 7 14:02:55 UTC 2006

Eric Kow <eric.kow at gmail.com> writes:

> Users: would anybody be interested in darcs having an optional, built-in
> gui?

I've never used a GUI for any revision control system, with the notable
exception of BitKeeper, where documentation lagged behind the Tk-based
"~tool" stuff, such as "bk citool", and often used undocumented internal
functions to work smoother than the command line.

Given that DARCS is usable from the command line, I wouldn't use a DARCS
GUI either, it's probably a waste of time.

What WOULD be useful is an interfacing layer that gives a consistent
(text) user interface regardless of the underlying RCS, no matter if
it's RCS, CVS, MetaCVS, Subversion, DARCS, Cogito, Mercurial or one of
the many Arch branches or less common systems.

I'm aware that this is an enormous task because every system model is
different.

--
Matthias Andree