[darcs-users] proposal - darcs gui project?

Eric Kow eric.kow at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 17:48:30 UTC 2006

Thanks for your feedback, all!

I agree that darcs is already pretty easy to use from a command line.
But what I had in mind when I mentioned a graphical interface was not
so much ease-of-use (which would be nice, of course), but
*convenience*.

Maybe there are things that work better in a GUI than with the console
interface?  For example,
1. a patch dependency visualiser
2. an iTunes-like interface to patches (click on the 'author' column,
and you see the patches sorted by author, for example)
3. click on a patch and you get some subtle feedback on all the patches
it depends on (for example, they change colour)
4. maybe some kind of help resolving conflicts? (no clear ideas)

That being said, there are likely more pressing issues on the bug
tracker to be worked on, so unless somebody actually expresses an
interest in this, I guess I'll let the issue drop (or maybe dabble
around a bit on my side) :-)

Cheers,

--
Eric Kow                     http://www.loria.fr/~kow
PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9         Merci de corriger mon français.