[darcs-users] Using external diff viewer

Daan Leijen Daan at microsoft.com
Wed Jan 11 22:33:44 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I am using darcs on windows. However, there are a few things that I do a
lot with (Tortoise) subversion

that work better. In particular, I would like to view a diff of the
working copy with the one in the

repository, ie. "darcs diff foo.hs". Unfortunately, the diff output is
not so readable and I would like

to view it with an external tool.  Actually, TortoiseMerge is very good,
but it doesn't grok the

darcs diff output, kdiff is nice too but it doesn't work with diff
files.... I would like to be able

to instruct darcs to use one of these programs instead of doing the
usual diff. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks,

-- Daan Leijen.

ps.  TortoiseMerge /base:file1 /theirs:file2

or    kdiff3 file1 file2

(unfortunately, darcs calls something like "diff -rN -u file1 file2")