[darcs-users] what does "darcs resolve" do?

Max Battcher me at worldmaker.net
Thu Jan 12 06:57:33 UTC 2006

zooko at zooko.com wrote:
> What does "darcs resolve" do?  Does it do anything?  Could what it does be
> documented in the darcs manual?
>
> I just had a problem where a darcs newbie that I am working with tried running
> "darcs resolve" because he saw that he had a conflict.  That wasn't what he
> meant to do!

That is actually the correct response.  When a conflict occurs in a
repository no changes are made to the working copy.  darcs resolve marks
up the file that had conflicts with the potential conflicting versions
like so:

vvvvvvvvvv
This is one possibility for the conflict.
This is another possibility for the conflict.

This allows you to see you to pick and choose the pieces of the
possibilities that make the most sense for the changes that were meant
by each patch.  Then you can record your merged version as a new patch.

http://www.darcs.net/manual/node7.html#SECTION007101000000000000000

--
--Max Battcher--
http://www.worldmaker.net/