[darcs-users] what does "darcs resolve" do?

zooko at zooko.com zooko at zooko.com
Thu Jan 12 18:17:10 UTC 2006

> That is actually the correct response.  When a conflict occurs in a
> repository no changes are made to the working copy.  darcs resolve marks
> up the file that had conflicts with the potential conflicting versions
> like so:
>
> vvvvvvvvvv
> This is one possibility for the conflict.
> This is another possibility for the conflict.

This isn't my experience.  Instead, whenever a conflict occurs, darcs marks up
the file as you described, even if you haven't run "darcs resolve".

> http://www.darcs.net/manual/node7.html#SECTION007101000000000000000

This section of the manual tells me almost nothing about what "darcs resolve"
actually does, except that it "trashes any unrecorded" changes.  In fact, I'm
skeptical about that point, too!

--Z