[darcs-users] Patch Tracker?

Jason Dagit dagit at eecs.oregonstate.edu
Fri Jan 13 04:45:18 UTC 2006

Hello,

Would it be possible to send patches to roundup instead of darcs-
devel so that we have a way to track patches that have been
submitted?  I think this is more of a decency to the patch authors
than as a helping hand to maintainers (but I could be wrong).  I've
submitted several patches recently and it would be nice if I had the
ability to login to roundup and see the patches I've sent in along
with their status (unapplied, unread, rejected, onhold, needs
cleanup, applied-stable, applied-unstable, ...).

How do people feel about this?  The maillist is great for
communicating, but I feel like it's not very good at letting me track
my "pending contributions".  I think my motivation for wanting to
track my patches is:
1) If the patches are rejected I'd like to know why so I can improve
them or work around them.
2) If a patch hasn't been looked it would be nice to know so that I
don't assume it was rejected.
3) Improves organization and bookkeeping in general.

I think this is different than occasionally running "darcs pull"
because it helps with the bookkeeping and there is potentially more
information available then just has it been applied or not.

Thanks,
Jason