[darcs-users] Bug in patch reversal

Jason Dagit dagit at eecs.oregonstate.edu
Sun Jan 15 19:44:02 UTC 2006

On Jan 15, 2006, at 2:48 AM, Tommy Pettersson wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 14, 2006 at 09:13:30PM -0800, Jason Dagit wrote:
>> Thanks, I wrote a test case for this bug, applied it to 1.0.3, pulled
>> everything for 1.0.4 found that it existed in that version and now
>> I'm working backwards with 'darcs trackdown' to find when it was
>> introduced.
>
> I started a trackdown before I went to bed yesterday, and am
> now seeing:
>
>   Trying without the patch:
>   Mon May  9 22:39:55 CEST 2005  Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>
>     * Eliminate slurp_write_dirty from Unrecord
>   Finished recording patch 'init'
>   Finished recording patch 'foo'
>
>   Sun Jan 15 10:10:31 CET 2006  Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>
>     * foo
>   Shall I unpull this patch? (1/?) [ynWvpxqadjkc], or ? for help:
>   Finished unpulling.
>   Success!

That's different than what I get:
Trying without the patch:
Sun Jan  2 07:43:49 PST 2005  David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>
   * add Conflictor patch type.

That was the last patch that mine unpulled, but it also skipped
several patches before that due to compilation problems.  I wonder if
the bug we're trying to find is causing us problems.  I ran the
unpull between 1.0.3 and 1.0.4.

Thanks,
Jason