[darcs-users] Using external diff viewer

Richard Smith rsmith at bitworks-inc.com
Mon Jan 16 17:12:18 UTC 2006

Edwin Thomson wrote:
> Because you've found a bug.  I'm not sure what's causing it, but it
> sounds like there's something wrong with _darcs/prefs/defaultrepo.  Is
> it present, readable, writeable and containing an unmangled path to your
> master repo?
>
> What actually goes wrong when you do a Push?  Does it silently fail to
> push anything, or is there an error message? If so, what?

Sorry.  The message seems to indicate that this is a feature and not a
bug so I didn't provide all the details.

Here's the message:

Local to local copy not supported

Invalid repository:  ../C:/projects/dvi_slide

darcs failed:  (scp) failed to fetch:
../C:/projects/dvi_slide/_darcs/inventory

Error, Darcs operation failed (exit code 2)

Something I just noticed was the (scp) in the message.  If it's trying
to  use scp then I can see why it would fail.