[darcs-users] rollback don't apply to working tree

Olivier Thauvin olivier.thauvin at aerov.jussieu.fr
Mon Jan 23 11:24:38 UTC 2006

Le Lundi 23 Janvier 2006 11:51, Aggelos Economopoulos a écrit :
> On Monday 23 January 2006 02:43, zooko at zooko.com wrote:
> > > My current need: I want only to unapply a patch on my local copy the
> > > time to make a test, I don't want to delete the patch, but maybe I will
> > > adapt code and record a patch to undo the patch I just unapply.
> >
> > The answer to this is the most Frequently Answered Answer in darcsland:
> >
> > "You make another repository."
> >
> > Make a separate repository to hold the patch, then obliterate the patch
> > from your working repository, run your test, and then pull the patch back
> > from the other repository into your working repository.
>
> Or use darcs send --output=tmp.patch, obliterate and later cat tmp.patch |
> darcs apply.
>
> Which reminds me:  what would people think of a shelve-like[1]
> (http://bazaar.canonical.com/BzrShelveExample) command in darcs?
> Personally, I don't find myself in the above senario /that/ often and I
> won't request a new command that's not orthogonal to the others; at best it
> should be a third party thing. However, other people may think its
> usefulness outweighs such drawbacks. Opinions?

I just send a patch for comment on -devel list, and waiting comment.
In a nutshell:

Mon Jan 23 04:09:50 CET 2006  nanardon at zarb.org
   * add --working to rollback
   --woking allow to user to apply the rollback to the working copy
   instead pristine, the patch is neither recorded in this case.
   To undo the change the user cas use revert, to keep it, he can use