[darcs-users] proposal: rename "darcs resolve" to "darcs mark-conflicts"

zooko at zooko.com zooko at zooko.com
Thu Jan 26 17:23:38 UTC 2006

http://bugs.darcs.net/issue113

------- Forwarded Message

Subject: [issue113] The name "darcs resolve" is confusing.
To: droundy at darcs.net, ptp at lysator.liu.se, zooko at zooko.com
From: David Roundy <bugs at darcs.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 13:58:50 +0000

David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net> added the comment:

On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 05:47:36AM +0000, Zooko wrote:
> The command "darcs resolve" would be better named "darcs mark-conflicts".

Hmmmm.  That certainly does sound like an improvement to me.  I didn't see
this suggestion on the thread you quoted, so before making this change it
would be nice to see it aired as a proposal on darcs-users, to make sure
noone sees an objection.  It's a sufficiently obscure and rarely-used
command that I think we can be freer with renaming it than we would
normally be.
- --=20
David Roundy
http://www.darcs.net