[darcs-users] Darcs over SSH

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Mon Jan 30 16:15:48 UTC 2006

zooko at zooko.com wrote:
> 1.  Use patches sent by mail, optionally with GPG-signing.

Is the patch itself signed or just the email? In other words, 3 years
from now, when I've forgotten all about that patch, will I still be able
to check the GPG signature?

I don't get this thing about sending patches by email. Unless I'm
missing something, it seems like a horribly inconvenient solution. I
don't want to get a bunch of patches in my inbox, and then have to save
each attachment so I can start applying each patch by hand.

> 2.  Don't make it possible for all contributors to push into the central
> repository, but instead have a Patch Master whose job is to pull *from* the
> contributors.

That means that each contributor should find his own web server or I
have to give a shell account to each one, right? Hmmm.... :(

Cheers,
Daniel.
--
      /\/`) http://oooauthors.org