[darcs-users] domains: a proposal for composing repositories

Daan Leijen Daan at microsoft.com
Tue Jan 31 17:35:32 UTC 2006

> > and that the point is to keep devopers from creating such patches in
> > the first place, not identifying them after the fact.
>
> So create a posthook that says "if changes --match="filenames blah" ;
then echo
> 'NO CROSSING DOMAINS PLEASE' ; fi".

Ah, but that wouldn't work on any non-unix system. I would prefer that
darcs would offer a portable solution that is not dependent on scripts.

This is also my objection to have the list of domains as a script; I
would
much rather see a static, declarative! list of domains (even if that is
more constrained).

All the best,
-- Daan Leijen.