[darcs-users] Darcs over SSH

Tomasz Zielonka tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 21:03:23 UTC 2006

On Tue, Jan 31, 2006 at 09:16:41AM -0300, Thiago Arrais wrote:
> This solves part of the problem, since your users will still be able
> to use they access to upload and run malicious code. There should be a
> solution for this too, though. How can we limit the users to run only
> the darcs program (and its dependencies, of course)?

man sshd, AUTHORIZED_KEYS FILE FORMAT:

    command="command"

        Specifies that the command is executed whenever this key is used for
        authentication.  The command supplied by the user (if any) is
        ignored. [...] A quote may be included in the command by quoting it
        with a backslash.  This option might be useful to restrict certain
        public keys to perform just a specific operation. An example might
        be a key that permits remote backups but nothing else. Note that the
        client may specify TCP/IP and/or X11 forwarding unless they are
        explicitly prohibited.  Note that this option applies to shell,
        command or subsystem execution.

But I am afraid that command="darcs" won't work now. Maybe some
operations would work, some wouldn't. I am not sure how ssh
connections are used now.

Some time ago we discussed the idea of creating a protocol that
could be used for darcs-to-darcs or UI-to-darcs communication. This
protocol could be designed in such a way that command="darcs" would
work.

Best regards
Tomasz

--
I am searching for programmers who are good at least in
(Haskell || ML) && (Linux || FreeBSD || math)