[darcs-users] 1.0.8 / 1.0.6 interop errors?

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Sun Jul 9 13:34:44 UTC 2006

On Sun, Jul 09, 2006 at 03:21:36PM +0200, Eric Y. Kow wrote:
> 4. Wrap the relevant SSH functions with something like
>
>    #ifdef __CYGWIN
>      paths = map windowsToUnixPath paths_
>    #else
>      paths = paths_
>    #endif

My understanding is that ghc won't work with cygwin at all (i.e. it
won't call the cygwin gcc compiler, and can't generate cygwin
executables).  So I'm guessing we'll have to go with plan B.  Since we
won't be a true cygwin executable (someone correct me if I'm wrong),
we'll need either a configure flag or a runtime check whether we're
using cygwin ssh.  I'm guessing the latter will be more practical, and
is certainly more elegant.