[darcs-users] Log messages by e-mail

Nathaniel Gray n8gray at caltech.edu
Thu Jul 20 23:44:48 UTC 2006

Jason Dagit wrote:
> Sorry, forgot to CC you in the reply...

I think that would do it.  That would allow me to do 'darcs changes
--last $N_PATCHES' in the posthook to generate a nice log message.

> You're not the first person to ask for this so perhaps you could find
> someone else to help with this?  I will say that I've used it to send
> out emails per apply and it's worked out great.  I really didn't need
> one email per patch.  I just included the output of darcs changes with
> the email and then people had what they needed; notification of update
> plus a 'change log' of sorts.

So are you saying you sent the full output of 'darcs changes' with every
e-mail?  doesn't that get pretty long?

> You can also use the xsl file from
> darcs-cgi (with minor modifications) combined with the xml output of
> darcs changes to get an rss feed.  If that interests you can I help
> you piece it together.

I am interested in having an RSS feed.  I've even thought that it might
be preferable to a mailing list...

> Wish I had a more positive answer...

Me too, but thanks anyway!
-n8