[darcs-users] fixing trac+darcs

Zooko O'Whielacronx zooko at zooko.com
Fri Jul 28 18:59:24 UTC 2006

Hello, why doesn't the darcs plugin simply use "darcs annotate
--patch=$PATCH $PATH" so that darcs provides a complete, consistent
output of the metadata (and data) of that path from that point in
history?  Then the darcs plugin can use Alberto Bertogli's ann2ascii
code [1] to parse the XML output from darcs.

I may be misunderstanding something, but it appears to me that this
would avoid a complicated problem of the plugin attempting to
reconstruct this historical metadata by instead having darcs provide it.

Regards,

Zooko

[1] http://zooko.com/repos/darcs-stable/tools/
     ^-- it's a shame that these tools are not hosted at darcs.net, but
hopefully the people who could use them will discover them anyway