[darcs-users] darcsweb 0.16-rc1

Alberto Bertogli albertito at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 05:45:22 UTC 2006

Hi!

It's been a long time since the last darcsweb release, and the changes
have accumulated a little bit.

They're not many, but some of them are important, so instead of just
releasing 0.16, I did a -rc just in case.

The most significant changes in this release are support for the new
pristine directory, and url and script name autodetection.

The former means it will work with new repositories, the latter that
there's no need to configure "myurl" and "myname" variables anymore,
unless you're using the cache. So new installs are even easier, with
less mandatory configuration options to touch.

Besides, there's a new option for putting an additional "project link"
that appear in the summary, maybe someone will find it useful.

As it's an -rc, I didn't make a tarball, but you can get it by pulling
from http://auriga.wearlab.de/~alb/repos/darcsweb/

It's fully backwards compatible, so there's no need to touch your config
file if you don't want to, just copy the darcsweb.cgi file over.

If everything goes well, I expect to do the final release sometime this
week. If you test it, please let me know how it goes.

I'm also open to suggestions, comments, and feature requests =)

Thanks,
		Alberto